Every cook should own these eight iconic kitchen items, or so says the cover of the July/August issue of Dwell.
We're not so sure that any of these are really must-haves, but we're betting at least one or two of these is on your list of kitchen things you'd like to have.
This list is also a great thought starter for gifts for the cook or bride and groom who "have everything." We've posted the list in the order Dwell printed them and when possible, we've added links to learn more and purchase.
We can't wait to hear your list of kitchen icons. Bring on the list of icons that also work hard, we say: the Kitchen Aid standing mixer, the Swiss peeler, the Bundt pan. What would you add or take away from Dwell's list? Their complete list is after the jump ...
• Peugeot Pepper Mill by Jean and Jean-Pierre Peugeot ($31.95, Amazon.com)
• Sarpaneva Cast Iron Pot by Timo Sarpaneva ($200.54, Amazon.com)
• Automatic Rice Cooker by Yoshiharu Iwata
• Pedal Bin by Brabantia Design Team ($75, trashcansandmore.com)
• Juicy Salif by Phillipe Stark ($79, Neiman Marcus)
• Kitchen Scale by Marco Zanuso
• Minitimer by Richard Sapper
• Bialetti Moka Express by Alfonso Bialetti (Bialetti, $18.95)