Go Beyond the Basics: 10 Extra-Special Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes
In our house, egg salad sandwiches make an appearance for lunch and sometimes for dinner when weeknights are looking a little harried. On those occasions, I like to think of interesting ways to dress it up, to make it a touch more special and interesting. Sundried Tomatoes? Cornichons? Mushrooms? Yes, please.
Our local co-op makes a mean egg salad with currants, walnuts, chives and a little parsley. It’s still very much an egg salad and isn’t weighed down with the other ingredients but it has a little crunch, a touch of sweetness from the currants and a smattering of fresh herbs. It’s a special egg salad and I don’t let myself buy it often because, truthfully, I don’t love getting to-go items that are so easy to make at home. But I’ve yet been able to duplicate it exactly. Setting out to do a little egg salad research last weekend, I came across a whole world of innovative ideas out there to dress up this otherwise humble, delicious sandwich filling.
Great Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes:
• Lemony Eggless Egg Salad (pictured) – Leela Cyd for The Kitchn
• Mediterranean Egg Salad Sandwich – Epicurious
• Egg Salad Gribiche – CHOW
• Bacon Egg Salad – Add a Pinch
• Lemon, Thyme and Hummus Egg Salad – In Jennie’s Kitchen
• Deviled Egg Salad – Simply Recipes
• Curried Egg Salad – Bon Appetit
• Veggie Egg Salad – Eating Well
• Nicoise Egg Salad – Huffington Post
• Russian Egg and Mushroom Egg Salad – Orangette
Related: An Egg Salad Sandwich, Eight Ways