Dream Kitchen Feature: Pot Filler Faucet

Dream Kitchen Feature: Pot Filler Faucet

Faith Durand
Aug 10, 2009

Our recent spotlight of Paul and Allison's big, beautiful Silverlake kitchen included a glimpse of a luxury feature that we firmly believe belongs in our dream kitchen: a pot filler faucet!

A pot filler faucet is a swing-out faucet on a long, jointed arm, mounted over the stove. It saves a cook from having to fill up a big pot in the kitchen sink then lug it over to the stove. It's especially nice for pots that don't fit into the kitchen sink very well, like a tall lobster pot. The faucet arm can fold back against the wall when the stove is in use, too.

These pot filler faucets are commonly seen in restaurant kitchens, where they are more of a necessity than a luxury. At home they are certainly a luxury, which is why they belong in our dream kitchen and not a kitchen we'll possess any time soon!

What do you think of pot filler faucets? Do you have one in your kitchen, and if so, do you use it frequently?

Related: Apartment Hunting: A Checklist for the Kitchen

(Image: Rebecca Orlov)

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt