Sometimes a bunch of bananas is just too much pressure for one person. Day after day you watch them ripen and you know you won't be able to eat them before the brown spots spread. Do you make a promise to turn them into banana bread only to end up throwing them out? Don't let it happen again!
The number one rule in banana preservation is: freeze them! Throw them right in the freezer, peel and all. Then, relax. Once a few pile up, check out the ideas below:
1. One Ingredient Ice Cream: One of our most popular posts ever, this recipe is as simple as popping a few frozen bananas in the food processor for an incredibly creamy, healthy, and simple dessert.
2. Frozen Chocolate Banana Pops: These hit the spot like ice cream cones but without all that cream and sugar. Try rolling them in chopped nuts or coconut flakes, too!
3. Frozen Banana-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Milkshakes: Frozen bananas work wonders with milkshakes because they replace ice and keep things creamy. And because they are ice cream free, these milkshakes are ok for breakfast (if the recipe says so, we'll believe it!).
4. Caramel Banana Cake: The softer the bananas, the better for this cake, since they need to be mashed to keep the cake super moist.
5. Icebox Banana Cheesecake: Perfect for summer, no oven is required for this creamy chilled cake.
6. Banana Nut Birthday Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: Why settle for carrot cake when banana nut is an option?
7. Banana Bites: Bite-sized frozen bananas, coated in chocolate make for perfect summer desserts for a crowd.
9. Banana Rum Fizz: Forget that boring bottle of pina colada mix and try this effervescent boozy milkshake instead!
10. Fried Chocolate and Banana Ravioli: Using bananas as a filling for sweet ravioli beats boring banana bread any day of the week.
What do you make with really ripe bananas?
(Images: see linked posts)