Dinner Tonight: 10 Fresh Ideas For Spaghetti
Spaghetti with tomato sauce was always a lazy Friday night dinner in our house. It was quick, easy, and best of all, everyone loved it. Here are ten ideas for spaghetti that might take a little longer than opening a jar, but are sure to take your spaghetti night to a whole new level.
• Spaghetti with Clams from Saveur – A signature dish from the Zuni Café!
• Spaghetti with Lemon and Olive Oil from Smitten Kitchen – We love the simple and fresh flavors in this pasta dish.
• Spaghetti Puttanesca from Martha Stewart – This spaghetti with kalamata olives and capers is one of our favorite variations on plain ol’ tomato sauce.
• Spaghetti with Bacon, Breadcrumbs, and Arugula from TasteFood – We’ve been on an arugula kick lately. This sounds fantastic.
• Spaghetti with Cauliflower, Green Olives, and Almonds from Gourmet – We really wonder how all these ingredients come together. Guess we’ll have to make it!
• Cowboy Spaghetti from BlogChef – A quick chili-esque sauce and plenty of cheddar cheese tops this plate of spaghetti.
• Spaghetti Carbonara from Leite’s Culinaria – Always a classic. Always a sure win in the popularity department.
• Roasted Red Pepper Sauce from Simply Recipes – Just as easy as tomato sauce, but with roasted peppers.
• Spaghetti with Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms, Lemon, and Chives from Bon Appétit – All doused in a creamy cheese sauce. Oh, yes.
• Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole from The Pioneer Woman – Save this one for Sunday afternoon so you have time to cook the chicken – or grab a rotisserie chicken from the super market on your way home.
What are your favorite spaghetti recipes?
(Image: Meredith Heuer/Saveur)
(Originally published February 25, 2011)