Denmark Bans Marmite
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: What will Danish folks put on their toast, now that their government has banned Marmite? Plus, Esquire says, “Locavore, Shmocavore,” and The Seattle Times talks about what celiac is, and what it isn’t.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Denmark bans Marmite – Guardian UK
• Healthy eating ‘improves school inspection results’ – BBC
• What price pasta: Restaurant markups revealed – Seattle PI
• Rapping About Tamales and Deportation – New York Times
• Cattle: In a Beef Over Branding – Wall Street Journal
• New fish consumption guidelines issued for SF Bay – SF Chronicle
• U.S. must do more for global food security – Politico
• On nutrition: What celiac is and isn’t – Seattle Times
• Locavore, Shmocavore – Esquire
• In ‘Food Deserts,’ Oases of Nutrition – New York Times
(Image: Food News Journal)