Day 8: Find 5 New Recipes for Lunch
Day 8: Wednesday, March 12
Assignment: Find 5 new recipes to make for lunch
The Cooking Cure: See all assignments so far here
Midweek check-in! How’s making breakfast been going so far this week? (Oh, yeah, breakfast!) Are you still on target? If you need to need to tweak part of your breakfast plan, take a few minutes today to figure that out.
Back to lunches — today we’re finally getting into the heart of it. Today is all about finding you some fresh, exciting new recipes that you can start making for lunch.
Today’s Assignment (Time Estimate: 30 Minutes)
- Review Your Goals: Before you fall too far down a recipe rabbit hole, take a second to read the goals you made for yourself yesterday. All the recipes that you find today should in some way relate to or support these goals.
- Go On a Recipe Hunt: Give yourself a good chunk of time to do nothing but look for recipes. We’re suggesting 30 minutes, but really, it’s up to you. Look for recipes that have instant appeal, and use your “Foods I Love” list to help sift through the recipes you find. If you need some help getting started, take a look at our list of favorite recipe resources below.
- Pick 5 Recipes: Narrow down your recipe finds to your top 5 picks. As you start zeroing in on the recipes you want to try over the next few weeks, read through them carefully. Will that recipe make enough servings to last you all week? Can you easily double it? Does that tasty-sounding recipe with 15 ingredients really seem doable? Do you have a recipe that can easily be carried with you for the day you have to eat on campus?
Feel happy with your choices? Excited to get some new lunches in your routine? Excellent. See you back here tomorrow to plan our our shopping trip!
Did you find a recipe that you’re particularly excited about or think others might like? Where do you go for lunch inspiration? Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest!
Resources for Your Recipe Hunt
Make-Ahead & Travel-Ready Lunches
- Take Your Lunch to Work – Pinterest board!
- 5 Make-Ahead Lunch Ideas to Minimize Morning Madness
- 7 Ways to Turn Leftovers Into Lunch
- 10 Dinner Recipes That Make Great Lunch Leftovers
- 20 Satisfying, Wholesome Lunches You Can Make the Night Before
- 10 Slow-Cooked Recipes for a Cozy Weekend Indoors
- 10 Reasons to Break Out the Slow Cooker
New Lunch Sandwich Ideas
Lunch-Worthy Soups & Salads
- Soups – Pinterest board!
- Salads and Dressings – Pinterest board!
- 15 Non-Wimpy Salads to Take for Lunch
- Whole Grains for Lunch: 15 Hearty, Satisfying Lunch Salads
- 10 Vegetarian Soups to Warm You Up
Healthify Your Lunch
Favorite Cookbooks and Blogs for Lunch Inspiration
The Cooking Cure Live Blog
Follow the progress of The Cooking Cure in a real live kitchen:
- Cambria Liveblogs the Cooking Cure
Join The Cooking Cure!
- Sign up here for The Cooking Cure
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us at email@example.com
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to use the #cookingcure hashtag.