Day 14: Thursday, March 20
Assignment: Pick 1 new dinner recipe and shop for ingredients
The Cooking Cure: See all assignments so far here
New dinner goals? Check! New dinner recipes? Check! Now it's time to spring into action. Tomorrow, we'll be in the kitchen making a new recipes so that means that today we need to shop for ingredients. Think you can spare a few minutes to run to the store this afternoon?
Today's Assignment (Time Estimate: 30 Minutes)
- Pick 1 Recipe: Choose just one of the recipes you found yesterday — you'll be cooking this on Friday night, so pick something that will be fun to celebrate the end of the week. If all your recipes are make-ahead or too labor intensive to make on a weeknight, you get the next two days off! Join back up with us over the weekend when we plan and prep for next week's meals. Ditto if you already had Friday night dinner plans!
- Make a Shopping List: Read through your entire recipe. Make a list of any extra ingredients you need to pick up today.
- Go Shopping: It's a weekday, so I know a surprise run to the grocery store might not have been in your plans, but dinner tomorrow night will be worth it. Sometime before dinner tomorrow, see if you can carve out a little extra time to swing by the store and pick up what you need.
- Make a Plan for Tomorrow: Dinner requires a little less pre-planning than breakfast or a work lunch, but take a second to think it through. Do all the steps sound reasonable for a weeknight? Is there anything you want to get ready tonight? Is there anything you're worried about?
Making something particularly fun tomorrow night? Take a picture of your shopping bag and tell us your plans! Share over on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook with #cookingcure.
The Cooking Cure Live Blog:
Follow the progress of The Cooking Cure in a real live kitchen:
- Cambria Liveblogs the Cooking Cure