More Date Night Dinners! 8 Recipes for a Cozy Evening In
Pull out all the stops. Add an extra pat of butter. Spring for the nicer cut of steak. Break out the fine china. Go on! Yesterday we gave you a date night recipe for Open-Faced Ravioli with Egg and Wilted Greens, and today we have eight more recipes to add to your list.
Date nights are a fine balance between extravagance, effort, and reward. We think these recipes meet all three criteria:
• Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair from Martha Stewart – Angel hair pasta always seems to up the ante from casual to fancy.
• Filet Mignons with Spiced Butter, Glazed Artichokes, and Haricot Verts from Gourmet – You can have regular grilled steak any ol’ time. The butter and sides make it a date night steak.
• Scallops with Polenta, Wild Mushrooms, Sherry and Parsley Breadcrumbs from Bon Appétit – Sweet, earthy, creamy, and crunchy, all in one delicious dish.
• Cheese and Asparagus Soufflé from Vegetarian Times – A guaranteed show stopper.
• Truffled Gnocchi with Peas and Chantarelles from Saveur – Homemade gnocchi, check. Truffle oil, check. Creamy sauce, check. Go for it.
• Roast Salmon with Sweet Chipotle Glaze and Hominy Puree from Epicurious – If you want to spice things up a bit.
• Tagliatelle with Spinach, Mascarpone, and Parmesan from Jamie Oliver – Simple enough to throw together after work. Awesome enough to make you swoon.
• Lamb Chops with Cilantro-Mint Sauce from Leite’s Culinaria – This recipe will definitely win you some kisses.
What’s your favorite date night dish?
(Originally published April 22, 2011)