14 Cute Cocktail Umbrellas for When It’s Raining Outside
What’s the fastest way to make your tiki drink live up to its fullest potential? Adding a cocktail umbrella, of course! But drink parasols aren’t just (ahem) fair-weather friends — they’re a fantastic way to bring some cheer to a rainy August day, especially with so many adorable options out there. We’ve even found a couple of DIY tutorials if you prefer to get a little crafty when it’s storming out.
Whether you decide to buy or DIY, these are guaranteed to brighten your drink and your day.
1. Parasol Picks, $3 for 24 from World Market: Sometimes it’s best not to mess with a classic. These are always a guaranteed win.
3. Patriotic Umbrellas, $4 for 12 from Cravefetti on Etsy: Make your next political fundraiser or debate-watching party more enjoyable with these patriotic picks.
4. Black Polka Dot Umbrella Picks, $6 for 120 from Party City: A chic drink calls for a chic cocktail umbrella. This polka dot version is our number-one pick.
5. Paper Parasol Umbrella Picks, $12 for 144 from Amazon: Reminiscent of a beach ball, these are the perfect choice for your next pool party or when you’re just fondly thinking of the pool and more clement weather.
6. Floral Summer Paper Drink Umbrellas, $15 for 6 from SweetPaperLove on Etsy: Ideal for a baby shower or birthday party, we love the range of patterns on these simple umbrellas.
7. Three-Color Cocktail Parasol, $8.50 for 144 from Amazon: We’re pretty sure the life-sized version of this umbrella is on a beach somewhere, which means this is best added to something fruity and frozen.
8. Hot Pink Doily Cocktail Umbrella, $27 for 20 from TrayChicParty on Etsy: Looking for a way to make your cocktail even more girly? This is the drink stirrer for you.
9. Mylar Metallic Cocktail Umbrella, $3 for 10 from Amazon: Why wouldn’t you want to add a little sparkle to your cocktail? These metallic umbrellas are the easiest way to do so.
10. Large Hibiscus Flower Umbrellas, $5 for 144 from Oriental Trading: We think these tropical umbrellas pair best with a tropical drink. Pineapple daiquiris, anyone?
11. Fringe Umbrella Picks, $3.50 for 12 from Shop Sweet Lulu: We’re always in favor of fringe — especially when it it’s multi-colored and adorable like these umbrellas.
1. DIY Fringe Drink Umbrellas from Oh Happy Day!: If you want to upgrade your basic umbrellas to have the fringe effect, follow this tutorial.
2. Confetti Umbrellas from Tell Love and Party: This might be the most festive drink umbrella we’ve seen. Just be aware that you might end up with some bits of confetti in your cocktail.
3. DIY Drink Umbrellas from Delia Creates: If you have leftover scrapbook paper on hand, this is a perfect way to use it up. Plus, you can customize your umbrellas to a party theme with no problem.