The Cooking Cure is of course focused on helping you make meals (or components of meals) ahead of time. In one of the threads Liz in MT mentioned she sometimes has a harder time making vegetables ahead of time, and I can relate. What are some of your best vegetable ideas for preparing and storing to eat throughout the week?
Liz offered both a problem and a solution in her comment:
- Cuke-tomato-onion-parsley with lemon juice-olive oil (called various names in the Middle East)
- and cabbage based "slaws" which can be varied by cabbage type, other additions and dressings.
- Asparagus is primo right now so I've been blanching that and like it cold or heated with a bit of soy and sesame oil.
- I know broccoli will blanch fine as well and maybe cauliflower. - Liz in MT
I love all those ideas for quick veggies that can stay good in the fridge throughout the week. Do have other ideas? Are there any vegetables that you prep on Sunday and eat with dinner Monday through Friday?
Join The Cooking Cure!
You can sign up at any time! Want to skip breakfast? Join us for Lunch Week, or Dinner Week. You can take the Cooking Cure however you like.
- Sign up here for The Cooking Cure
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to use the #cookingcure hashtag.