Craigslist Saves You Bucks in the Kitchen
There’s a fair amount of Craigslist over at the main site, but we’ve kept it pretty quiet on The Kitchn ever since the site developed such a widely spread following (difficult to please readers across the globe with perfect, local Craigslist picks.)
But perhaps it’s time for a reminder of how Craigslist can help you, in almost any place, save money in all your cooking endeavors.
• Drop the Nobu bill and learn how to roll your own sushi by taking a private Japanese cooking lesson (community > classes)
• Pick up someone else’s well-used cookbooks for pennies (for sale > books & magazines)
• Start a catering or private chef business and spread the word for free (services > event)
• Upgrade to a KitchenAid mixer for less than half of the retail price (for sale > household)
• Tired of the idea of a “staycation” but need a little boost to get to Paris? Save oodles on hotels and spend your money on food instead by swapping your apartment for one in Paris (housing > housing swap)