Cozy Brews: 5 Beers to Get You Through Winter Beer Sessions
When the snow keeps falling, we find it best to batten down the hatches and keep our noses inside where it’s warm. With a few of our favorite beers to keep us company, of course. Here’s what we have in our fridge right now. What about yours?
1. Merry Monks’ Ale from Weyerbacher Brewing Company – This stuff is liquid gold with an ABV to match. It makes us think of warm pineapple and fresh banana bread. Simultaneously fruity and crisp.
2. Maudite from Unibroue – Spicy and fruity, this one is a party for the taste buds. There’s some of that Belgian-style sourness and a nice crisp finish to bring it home.
3. Fade to Black Volume II from Left Hand Brewing Company – Sweet and gorgeously smoky, this baltic porter will wind its way into your heart and warm the smoldering coals. Marked by the flavors of dark roasted coffee and bitter molasses.
4. Winter Ale from Brooklyn Brewery – This has been our favorite winter brew this year. It’s warm and roasty, but has a nice herbal hops presence, too.
5. Latitude 48 IPA from Sam Adams – Sometimes a bitter night needs a bitter brew. This one has a nice malty middle to take the edge off.
What beers are you drinking right now?
(Image: Emma Christensen)