9 Unexpected Deals You’re Missing Out on from Costco
There are many things at Costco that have their own cult following, like checking out the samples (which are always free) and taking a trip to the food court on your way out. But there might be a few things you’re missing from this wholesale giant, and they don’t have anything to do with food.
This weekend a thread over at Reddit got some traction about deep discount savings at Costco and it caught my attention. Here are the top ones I found.
1. Pharmacy: The pharmacy has great reductions in price, and you don’t even have to be a member! You can also have prescriptions called in for your pets.
2. Tires: This was the number-one item mentioned that folks received a large discount on. If new, name-brand tires are your thing, there appears to be no better place to buy them.
3. Caskets: Because who needs extra cost when you’re in grief?
4. Car insurance: Although some folks mentioned a few places they received a better deal, hundreds of folks attested to the quality and price of this option (especially when paired with homeowner’s insurance).
5. Hearing aid batteries: Get a whole year’s supply for the cost of a single pack elsewhere. Sometimes it’s the little savings that add up!
6. Glasses: Want to save a little more dough on all your glasses and lenses? Costco has was more inexpensive options than most other retailers.
7. Vacation packages: Because the packages are purchased in bulk from the store, Costco is then able to pass the savings on to members. Now you don’t have to spend weeks digging for deals.
8. Warranty on electronics: During the holidays there are so many deals on electronics, but Costco’s warranty policy alone can save you hundreds of dollars. They simply extend the manufacturer’s warranty on televisions, tuner-free displays, projectors, computers, and major appliances by two years. Holy smokes!
9. Gas: Last but not least, in most places around the country Costco offers some serious discounts on gas. The only downfall is the pumps are only open when the store is!
Have you found a sleeper of a deal at the bulk retailing giant? Do you have a discount that should be shouted from the rooftops? Let us know in the comments below!