Did you know that it is possible to shop for Costco's private-label brand, Kirkland Signature, without a Costco membership? The brand is a cult favorite (including among Kitchn staffers!), so you're definitely going to want to know these three things.
- You can shop on Costco's website without being a member. You won't get the membership rate, but you'll be able to shop Kirkland Signature items and other products, as well.
- You can find a lot of Kirkland Signature products on Amazon (because it's Amazon and of course you can).
- You can also order Costco items on Instacart if the grocery delivery service is available in your area.
Is one option cheaper than the other? We compared prices to find out!
1. Kirkland Signature Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Costco's olive oil is one of our favorite Kirkland products. Not only is it quality stuff, but it also comes in a 2-liter bottle (which should last at least a week, right?).
2. Kirkland Signature Stretch-Tite Plastic Wrap
Stretch-Tite Plastic Wrap is the best on the market (read: Our Editors' Favorite Plastic Wrap Is the Same Brand Ina Uses) and Costco works with the brand to offer massive rolls and bulk packs, like this one with two 750-foot rolls.
3. Costa Rica Whole-Bean Coffee
At first glance, Amazon seems cheaper here, but know that the $37 only gets you one (three-pound) bag. The Costco price listed is for two (three-pound) bags, making it a clear winner — assuming you have pantry space and drink a lot of coffee.
- $37 on Amazon
- $37.99 on Costco.com
- Not available on Instacart (you can shop other coffee options here)
4. Kirkland Signature 18-Gallon Compactor & Kitchen Trash Bags
If you need big, heavy-duty trash bags, we strongly suggest these. Get them from Costco, where you'll pay nearly $10 less.
- $24.00 on Amazon
- $13.99 on Costco.com
- Not available on Instacart (there are other trash bag options, though!)
5. Kirkland Signature Cashew Clusters
In a fun turn of events, Amazon is the site with the bulk option here, selling two bags. Still, though, you're better off buying them on Costco's site.