In case you didn't already know, you can shop Costco products without buying an actual membership. (See all the ways here: Should You Get a Costco Membership?) One of the best and easiest ways to do so is by using Instacart, a grocery delivery service that sends personal shoppers to stores to carefully pick out all of your items and bring everything to you. You can shop from all sorts of stores that happen to be near you, including Costco — even if you're not a member.
It's a great workaround if you haven't coughed up the $60 to join the warehouse store. It's also super useful if you are a Costco member and just happen to be very busy. Note: Prices on Instacart are typically higher than they are in stores, but that's the tradeoff you make
Keep reading to check out what we're buying from Costco — via Instacart — this summer.
Browse all the Costco items on Instacart.
- Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken, $6.09: Yes, it's famously $4.99 in stores, but if you don't have a membership, this is one of the only ways you'll ever get to try the iconic bird. Try it and maybe you'll love it so much, you'll wind up getting a membership just for this. (Bonus: You won't have to turn on the oven tonight!)
- Sweet Red Cherries, $10.99 for three pounds: Tis the season to buy cherries. We had some the other day and they were so sweet and flavorful, we couldn't believe it. Add these to your cart — you can trust your shopper to pick out a good bag for you.
- Kirkland Signature Brats, $10.69 for 3.5 pounds: These beefy quarter-pound links are just what your grill has been missing this summer.
- Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus, $7.39 for 32 ounces: Hummus! In true Costco size! Sabra is the perfect snack (paired with some baby carrots and cucumber slices) for a hot afternoon.
- Kirkland Signature Plastic Wrap, $12.09 for two: This is always our favorite plastic wrap, but it's especially handy during the summer when you may need to wrap up a half-cut watermelon or cover a bowl of pasta salad during an al fresco meal.
- Larabar Variety Pack, $16.89 for 20: There are often specials that help you earn free delivery. When we wrote this, you'd get free delivery if you ordered $20 or more of morning essentials. Grab one of these bars on your way to take your kids to summer camp.
- GoGo SqueeZ Organic Applesauce Variety Pack, $12.49 for 20: There are also special coupons that get automatically added. These were marked down by a dollar, which helps to offset the higher prices on Instacart.
- Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars, $13.49 for 15: According to Instacart's trending-by-you feature, these are popular among our neighbors. They also happened to be on sale for $10.49 when we were shopping.
- Sambazon Organic Açaí Smoothie Pack, $16.59 for 12 packs: Beat the heat with an açaí smoothie or smoothie bowl in the mornings. Oh, and don't worry about these frozen goods thawing during delivery — your shopper should have an insulated bag.
- Kirkland Signature Almond Butter, $9.19 for 27 ounces: Not just for lunch boxes, Costco's private-label almond butter has just one ingredient. Roasted almonds! No salt, sugar, or oil! Put in on apple slices when you're too hot to come up with any other ideas.
What do you buy from Costco using Instacart?