I didn't used to be big on breakfast. I'd often just grab a cup of coffee on my way out the door and slip a granola bar in my bag. While some mornings are just as hectic and rushed these days, I try to make a little more time for what's become my favorite meal of the day. Especially in the summer.
This looks like many things: most often it looks like yogurt with summer fruit and a little yogurt or hemp seeds. I'll mix it up with muesli or make smoothies or parfaits. And while I don't often soak my muesli at home, I do while at the cabin because waking up to a nice, cool bowl of oats is, I find, a great way to start a day at the lake.
What do you eat for breakfast in the heat of the summer?
5 Cool-Off Summer Breakfast Recipes
- DIY Granola (pictured) - Megan Gordon for The Kitchn
- Scandinavian Muesli - Eating Well
- Summer Fruit Parfait - Canyon Ranch
- Homemade Yogurt - Bon Appetit
- Mango Strawberry Smoothie - Good Housekeeping
(Image: Faith Durand)