Cool Noodle Salads: 10 Simple Meals Inspired by Vietnam
Some of our favorite summer meals come from Vietnam and East Asia. Emily has generously shared many recipes from her own Vietnamese heritage, sometimes spiced up with a bit of Korean spice and flair! Here’s a look back at 10 Vietnamese and East Asian dishes for summer — from a cool vegetarian salad, to lemongrass tofu, to fresh summer rolls.
These dishes are all light and very fragrant — most are packed with vegetables and herbs. Perfect for summer!
• 1 Bún Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Noodle Salad) – A light salad of rice noodles and herbs.
• 2 Vietnamese Ginger Crab – Crab simmered with ginger and garlic.
• 3 Vegetarian Bánh Xèo (Vietnamese Crêpes) – Eggy crepes folded over sprouts and vegetables.
• 4 Goi Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Salad) – Crisp shredded cabbage with a flavorful dressing.
• 5 Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) – The famous Vietnamese soup — great for overcast summer days.
• 6 Kimchi Tofu Summer Rolls – Light and fresh summer rolls with tofu rolled up inside.
• 7 Bánh Mì with Lemongrass Tofu – The classic Vietnamese sandwich, but with tofu instead of pork.
• 8 Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam) – An incredibly refreshing salad.
• 9 Vegetarian Naengmyun (Korean Cold Noodles – Cold noodles for hot days.
• 10 Che Dau Xanh (Vietnamese Dessert Soup With Mung Beans) – A sweet, light dessert soup.
Do you have any favorite Vietnamese or East Asian recipes that you enjoy in the summertime?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)