With its high water content and refreshing crunch, the cucumber is one of summer's best cooling ingredients. Here are 10 ways to beat the heat with cucumber cocktails, salads, and snacks featuring flavors from around the world.
• 1 Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic - A cocktail staple with a twist
• 2 Sesame Cucumber Salad - A refreshing Asian-inspired side dish
• 3 Cool Shrimp and Cucumber Crackers - Awaken the appetite!
• 4 Watermelon-Cucumber Refresher - Plus a few other riffs...
• 5 Cucumber Juice - Mix with sparking water, use in cocktails, or make granita
• 6 Cucumber Ice Pops With Lime & Chile - Fiery Mexican-style paletas
• 7 Quick, Cool Cucumber Sauce - Delicious on sandwiches, burgers, and vegetables
• 8 Cool and Spicy Fish and Cucumber Salad - A spicy Thai-inspired dish
• 9 Kachumber Cooler - A cocktail with Indian accents
• 10 Sour Cream Cucumber Salad with Mustard Seeds - A fusion of Eastern European and Indian flavors
What's your favorite way to eat – or drink – cucumbers?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)