Cooking for One: Eggs for Dinner
If I’m going to have a solo dinner at home, I usually reach for an egg or two. An egg can be whipped up into something delicious and satisfying in just a few minutes. I know that cooking for one shouldn’t automatically eliminate fussy cooking or a proper meal, but a plate of scrambled eggs served with crunchy toast is often exactly what I want for dinner.
Baked eggs, like the ones from Leela pictured above, tempted me last night. So delicious and quick—and I baked them in my toaster oven! Then there’s the fried egg, with its runny yolk turned sauce when placed on top of a snarl of pasta. The fried egg is also wonderful atop an egg bowl spiked with fresh vegetables and chewy brown rice. Or a pizza, or a bowl full of beans and greens.
The list is as long as your imagination, but here are a few recipes and ideas from The Kitchn to help get you started.
• Easy, Nourishing & Delicious: Massa Brown Rice Egg Bowl
• Top Five: Ways to Eat a Scrambled Egg
• How to Make Creamy, Luscious Scrambled Eggs
• Perfect Fried Eggs: Getting the Whites Set
• Eggs for Dinner: 10 Delicious Dinner Recipes with Eggs
• Basic Technigues: How to Fry an Egg
• Recipe: Fried Eggs and Collard Greens over Polenta
Related: Solo Eating: Tips on Cooking for One
(Image: Leela Cyd Ross)