Cookie Time: 9 Cookies We’d Like to Bake Soon
The cookie-baking switch flipped to the ON position sometime in the last week or two. Maybe it’s all the holiday catalogs coming in the mail, or the nip in the air, but some subliminal message has been received. It’s time to think about cookies. We’ve been snipping recipes from around the web, so from sugar-crusted shuttles to caramel stuffed apple cider cookies, here are 9 we’d like to try soon.
Here are a few old favorites and new recipes we have bookmarked to bake very, very soon. Preferably tonight.
• 1 Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies – At The Cooking Photographer. Say that again with us slowly: caramel stuffed apple cider cookies.
• 2 Flo Braker’s Pain d’amande Cookies – From David Lebovitz. Lacy, delicate, and super-crisp. These look irresistible.
• 3 Dorie Greenspan’s World Peace/Korova Cookies – At Smitten Kitchen. These chocolate sablés have been on our to-bake list for a long time. This is the year.
• 4 Navettes Sucrées (Sugar Shuttles) – From Gourmet‘s roundup of the best cookies of the past few decades. These look crispy, shaggy, sugary, and delicious.
• 5 Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies – At Honey & Jam. We grew up with the Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies as a special treat. These look so much better.
• 6 Tartine’s Soft Glazed Gingerbread – At SugarPunk. We love gingerbread in all its forms, but we’ve been especially wanting to try this soft, glazed version from the Tartine cookbook.
• 7 Chocolate biscuits with soft chocolate centres – From Jamie Oliver. These are rather simple, but extra-special, with a filling of white or dark chocolate.
• 8 Spritz (Norwegian Butter Cookies) – At Gourmet. Spritz cookies were a major tradition in our house while growing up. We didn’t appreciate the plain butter flavor as much then, but now we’re excited to try them with our own cookie press.
• 9 Halfway cookies – At Greedy Gourmand. A strange and fascinating hybrid of cookie base and meringue topping.
Your turn! What’s on your cookie-baking list? Have you made any of these?
(Images: The Cooking Photographer; David Lebovitz; Smitten Kitchen; Romulo Yanes/Gourmet; Hannah of Honey & Jam; SugarPunk/Tracey Callison; David Loftus/Jamie Oliver; Romulo Yanes/Gourmet; Greedy Gourmand)