James Beard Award winning cookbooks are recognized as the year's best works by a panel of journalists, editors, and culinary teachers. Judges look for overall excellence and evaluate "content, accuracy, design, and writing style."
JAMES BEARD WINNERS ON SALE
• Smokehouse Ham, Spoon Bread & Scuppernong Wine: The Folklore and Art of Southern Appalachian Cooking starting at $7
• Jean-Georges: Cooking at Home With a Four-Star Chef starting at $8.50
• Nathalie Dupree's Comfortable Entertaining starting at $.97
• A Mediterranean Feast starting at $18.95
• Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home starting at $6.25
• Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian starting at $12.94