Coconut Milk Flapjacks and Mark Bittman’s Roasted Salmon with Butter
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we discovered coconut milk flapjacks, how to make a serious red enchilada sauce, and the best way to make salmon. (Hint: it’s the very easiest and simplest way imaginable.)
• Dinner Tonight: Mindy Fox’s Peanut Soba, Cabbage, and Chicken Salad – The cabbage and radish salad plays particularly well with the noodles.
• Sauced: Red Enchilada Sauce – The key to this sauce is the toasted guajillo chilies pureed with garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper. Yum!
• Bread Baking: Walnut Crackers – Simple and savory, these are the perfect crunchy snack (particularly when topped with cheese).
• Bake the Book: Coconut Milk Flapjacks – These flapjacks are a fairly healthy way to start the morning, made with whole wheat and buckwheat flours, rolled oats, coconut and banana.
• Mark Bittman’s Roasted Salmon with Butter – A signature Bittman take on salmon: just add butter, salt, pepper, and the result is exactly what you’d expect the best salmon to be.
Previous Good Eats: Welsh Rarebit on Beer Waffles and Asparagus with Parmesan Pudding
(Image: Caroline Russock/Serious Eats)