Clouds of Sugar: Five Recipes for Holiday Meringues
Meringues are light and airy, and they melt on your tongue like snow. We’re planning on making a few batches this weekend to round-out our cookie tray and have on hand for last-minute gift exchanges. We found a bunch of new recipes that sound absolutely delicious!
Winter is the absolute best time to make meringue! The airy cookies stay crispy and dry for weeks (instead of staling and weeping in summer’s heat and humidity).
1. Peppermint Meringues with Chocolate Filling from Martha Stewart – Like little wintry kisses!
2. Spiced Plum Pavlovas from Epicurious – These would make a refreshing and elegant finish to a holiday dinner.
3. Cinnamon Pistachio Meringue from Sweet Designs by Amy Atlas – Cinnamon and pistachio sounds like a lovely combination of holiday flavors.
4. Meringue Snowflakes from Better Homes and Gardens – So sweet! (Literally and figuratively!)
5. Raspberry Snow Bars from the Washington Post – A thin meringue crust over gooey raspberry jam and buttery shortbread – yum!
Here are a few extra tips on making perfect meringue every time: