Clean Food by Terry Walters
Nix the preachy diet-lingo. Forget memorizing rules or doling out calories. If you’re looking to jumpstart a new habit of healthy eating without involving the word “diet,” Terry Walter’s revised Clean Food is what you want. Season by season, this book gives you all the tools, recipes, and encouragement you need to change the way you eat and help you stick with it.
• Who wrote it: Terry Walters
• Who published it: Sterling Epicure
• Number of recipes: Over 250
• Recipes for right now: Sautéed Fennel and Asian Greens with Ginger and Apricot, Crispy Chickpea Fritters, Chocolate Coconut Granola Bites, Sweet Potato, Corn, and Kale Chowder, Seitan Walnut Stuffed Collard Greens, Pad Thai with Tofu, Orange Ginger Tofu
• Other highlights: I really appreciate a healthy eating cookbook that doesn’t try to force a particular way of thinking. Clean Eating is so gentle in its approach that its healthy eating message is almost delivered subliminally. I was already deep into flagging tasty-sounding recipes by the time I consciously registered the fact that besides being healthy and “clean,” they also happen to be vegan. (All the recipes are also either naturally gluten-free or include gluten-free variations.)
This book is full of good ideas for gradually integrating whole grains, leafy greens, and seasonal produce into your diet. No pressure; just good food.
• Who would enjoy this book? People wanting to get into a habit of cleaner and more seasonal eating; vegetarians and vegans; people avoiding gluten.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Clean Food: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source by Terry Walters
• Visit the author’s website: Terry Walters
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)