Holidays are all about tradition, and the 4th of July is no exception to this rule. For so many of us, it's not a celebration without hamburgers and hot dogs, grilled corn, and perhaps some festive red, white, and blue dessert. We gathered all that and more right here.
From crunchy coleslaw and colorful pasta salads to juicy grilled meat and berry-laden sweets, these 25 recipes are our most timeless for summer's best holiday.
Snacks, Salads, Slaws, and Sides
No party is complete without snacks, but no July 4th party is complete without a few potluck-friendly dishes like potato salad and coleslaw.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Wings
- Creamy Avocado Dip
- Salt and Vinegar Cucumbers
- Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- How to Make the Best Classic Potato Salad
- Antipasto Tortellini Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Sesame Ginger Slaw
- How To Grill the Best Corn on the Cob
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
The Main Attraction
You're more than likely planning to grill some burgers, but while you've got the grill on you might as well cook up a few other things like shrimp and pork chops. Or, eschew the grill and opt for good ol' fried chicken.
- Turkey Avocado Burgers
- How To Grill Really Juicy Burgers
- How To Make Crispy, Juicy Fried Chicken
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops with Sweet & Tangy Mustard Glaze
- Sausage & Potato Foil Packets
- How to Master Juicy Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Brown Butter Lobster Rolls
- How To Grill Juicy, Flavorful Shrimp
Juicy berry desserts feel right for the holiday to ensure you cover that whole red, white, and blue thing. Yet, given that it's the middle of summer, something s'mores-inspired is of course appropriate, too.