Cindy McCain’s Recipe Challenge
Browsing through the presidential candidates’ websites last night, we came across only one website giving any time to food issues. Not exactly the Farm Bill level stuff we were after, but we have to hand it to Cindy McCain for sharing seven of her favorite recipes.
Heck, we’ll send you any candidate’s apron.
So get your pasta pentola and non-stick skillets fired up, it’s time to cook with Cindy. Here are her recipes:
• Farfalle Pasta with Turkey Sausage, Peas, and Mushrooms
• Ahi Tuna with Napa Cabbage Slaw*
• Rosemary Chicken Breasts and Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon
• Crab Scampi and Whole Wheat Spaghetti **
• Homemade Guacamole
• Mixed Fruit Tart
• Passion Fruit Mousse
* Here in The Kitchn, we do not advocate cooking with or eating Ahi (also called Yellowfin) Tuna due to its mercury levels and the management and by-catch level issues associated with it. To read more on Ahi Tuna, please see The Blue Ocean Institute’s Species Score Card