Funfetti & Beyond! 15 Birthday Cake & Cupcake Recipes
It’s Birthday Week at The Kitchn, and if it’s your birthday, you’re in luck — it’s all birthday cake today! We’re swinging in with our favorite birthday cakes and cupcakes — sweet, pretty, and candle-ready. We have fudgy chocolate cakelets, and a Funfetti cake (from scratch!). There’s strawberry milk cake, and a hot pink raspberry cake too. We have the perfect fluffy yellow butter cake, ready for your fudge frosting, an orange vegan cake, and deliciously light and fluffy gluten-free cupcakes. Read on for these and more — our favorite birthday treats from the archives.
• 1 Funfetti Cake From Scratch – The classic favorite, but from scratch not a box.
• 2 Quick Yellow Cake – A simple, 10-minute yellow cake that’s light and fluffy.
• 3 Root Beer Chocolate Bundt Cake – A quick and simple chocolate bundt cake.
• 4 Strawberry Milk Cake – A pink cake!
• 5 Hot Pink Raspberry Cake – And another pink cake!
• 6 Dark Chocolate Cake – A perfect little chocolate cake for layering.
• 7 Cuatro Leches Cake – Sweet and decadent.
• 8 Vegan Sticky Orange Cake with Marmalade Glaze – Deliciously sticky.
• 9 Dark and Damp Molasses Cake – A dark, different sort of cake.
• 10 Carrot Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – Carrot cake for a crowd!
• 11 Airy Angel Food Cupcakes – Extra-light cupcakes.
• 12 Boston Cream Cupcakes – Stuffed with pastry cream.
• 13 Gluten-Free Strawberry Cupcakes – Fruity and gluten-free.
• 14 Fudgy Chocolate Cakelets – Fudgy, chocolate, dark.
• 15 Chocolate Chip Cookie-Stuffed Yellow Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing – Cupcakes stuffed with cookie dough! Crazy!
Your turn — what’s your favorite cake or cupcake birthday recipe?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)