Chocolate Oatmeal Pie, Farmer Cheese Pie, and Super Tasty Honey Biscuits
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we found not one but two pie recipes (chocolate and cheese), a very hearty and carb-heavy vegan brunch (yes, sometimes you need that), and a biscuit recipe that had the tasters begging for more.
• Vegan: Crispy Potato, Onion, and Mushroom Rösti – This is a great vegan recipe when you’re looking for something hearty, satisfying, and not health conscious. (Hey, we all do it.)
• Pie of the Week: Chocolate Oatmeal Pie – Serious Eats thinks it’s about time oatmeal is given a time to shine, and if this recipe is anything to go off of, then we couldn’t agree more.
• Bake the Book: Farmer Cheese Pie – Pie for breakfast? Yes, if you make this savory cheese pie. The “crumbly cornmeal crust filled with honey-laced farmer cheese and a touch of thyme” hits that delicious sweet and savory spot.
• Bread Baking: Honey Biscuits – Been there, done that, right? Not so fast. This biscuit recipe had people begging for more, and that probably doesn’t happen very often, does it?
• Vegan: Roasted Squash and Raw Carrot Soup – This looks like a nice salty/sweet contrast. Bright, fresh, and delicious!
Previous Good Eats: Mark Bittman’s Pad Thai & Farro With Roasted Pepper Salad
(Image: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats)