Why Chickpeas Are the Perfect Travel Snack: And 8 Recipes to Try!
All this week we’ve been talking about travel snacks here on The Kitchn. An ideal travel snack is portable, versatile, configurable, and heat-resistant. (Unfortunately that last factor rules out chocolate as a viable option.) You know what meets all those criteria in spades, though? The chickpea! Roast ’em, dry ’em, shake ’em all up. You’ve just found your new travel buddy.
I’ve been pretty unimaginative in roasted chickpea creations. I typically go with the classic rosemary and thyme mix.
Try It → Roasted Curried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Thyme – The Kitchn
However, after just biting into a handful of the wasabi variety — which, by the way, is not recommended and very close to a cinnamon challenge — I realized all the potential there is for imparting new and bold flavors. Here are some other flavor combinations I’ll be looking to try out next.
Try a Recipe
• Cinnamon and Sugar Roasted Chickpeas – Paint and Tofu
• BBQ Chickpeas – Sweet Remedy
• Lemon Zest Roasted Chickpeas – Nosh on it
• Masala Roasted Chickpeas – US Masala
• Roasted Wasabi Chickpeas – Healthy Tasty Cheap
• Spiced Chickpeas with Anardana – The Kitchn
• 15 More Ways to Flavor Roasted Chickpeas – The Kitchn
Do you have a favorite roasted chickpea seasoning?