Cherry Pie for George WashingtonRecipes from the week of February 10-16
We had a lot of recipes last week, with submissions from our new writer candidates and honorable mentions from our recent contest. There’s a lot of good winter cooking to be done – here’s a roundup of all last week’s recipes. More good cooking coming this week – any recipe requests?
• Want a winter salad? Make croutons from scratch – they’re a snap.
• Trader Joe’s Morello cherries are fantastic in this bittersweet cherry pie.
• Homemade granola – on a cold morning hot granola is a delight.
• What’s salsify? Try it buttery, with horseradish.
• Red peppers, onions, olives, capers – bright color for the winter table.