Carbonated Negroni Cocktails and Spicy Scrambled Eggs
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we get a primer on canning, learn how to make carbonated Negroni cocktails, and discover that brown butter and pecans are delicious additions to carrot cake.
• How to Make Carbonated Negroni Cocktails – Apparently the Negroni likes carbonation: it “stays rich and heady, with just a bit of tingly sparkle.”
• A Beginner’s Guide to Canning – A primer on the mechanics of canning, along with a bit of history.
• Beyond Curry: Anda Bhurji (Spicy Scrambled Eggs) – Forget mild, bland eggs in the morning. This recipe will give them some serious kick.
• Let Them Eat: Brown Butter Pecan Carrot Cake – a darker, denser, and more delicious take on traditional carrot cake.
• Sandwiched: Chorizo, Pork, and Poblano Pepper – Dubbed a “fantasy sandwich,” this sandwich makes the most of a few terrific ingredients.
Previous Good Eats: Butternut Squash and Sage Cream Sauce and Lemon Sunshine Cookies
(Image: Denise D’silva Sankhe/Serious Eats)