Can You Identify This Mystery Kitchen Utensil?

Can You Identify This Mystery Kitchen Utensil?

Faith Durand
Nov 1, 2010

Q: Can anybody tell me what this utensil is used for?

A friend sent me this pic and wants to know. I've never seen one.

From Andrew Scrivani via Twitter

Editor: This question came to us via NY Times food photographer Andrew Scrivani on Twitter. (See Andrew's personal food blog here.)

Honestly, this reminds me of nothing so much as my mother's old knife sharpener. It had a few tightly spaced ridges, like on this gadget, and you ran a knife between the ridges to quickly sharpen it.

Readers, can you identify this gadget? Ever seen anything like it?


Related: Mystery Gadget! Squeezy Handles and Spiky Ring

(Image: via Andrew Scrivani)

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt