Can You Help Me Find This Tool?

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Q: Quite a few years ago I saw a small pasta machine for making macaroni and other hollow pasta. It looked like a very small hand-cranked meat grinder, made of heavy stainless steel in Italy.

Recently I have been trying to find one, but none of my local kitchen shops have ever heard of it and I have also done image searches on Google without any luck. Can you possibly help me out?

Sent by Rhonda

Editor: Sounds like you’re talking about a pasta extruder, which would be capable of making hollow or tube pastas like rigatoni, fusilli, macaroni, or penne. A model like this one might be along the lines of what you’re looking for.

Kitchn readers, does this pasta machine sound familiar to you? Do you have any advice for Rhonda on specific models?