Can You Help Me Find This Little French Pot? Good Questions

Can You Help Me Find This Little French Pot? Good Questions

Faith Durand
Aug 11, 2009

Q: I've been looking for these fabulous metal French pots, with no results, ever since I saw them at Blue Ribbon Bar. Then today I'm watching The French Chef's cheese soufflé episode and lo and behold, this beautiful pot emerges. Leave it to Julia to know what would last not only in function but style!

I was hoping you could help me locate the source. I would contact BR Bar but I thought your readers might appreciate this info. — Sent by Jeannie

Editor: Jeannie, you're in luck, because we just noticed these same pots at Sur La Table the other day. They are actually charlotte molds, used for making molded gelatin and ice cream desserts. These particular versions are made from tinned steel by de Buyer, and they have carry rather hefty price tags for such little items! But they are what you're looking for; shop around and you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

• Find them! de Buyer Charlotte Molds, $18-$36, depending on size, at Sur La Table

Readers, do you use charlotte molds?

Related: Help Me Find Alton Brown's Olive Oil Baster-Dropper-Thing

(Images: PBS; Sur La Table)

Kitchn supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.
moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt