Buy the Best: 15 Taste Tests to Guide Your Shopping
When it comes to grocery staples, it’s important to be an informed shopper. That’s why we taste test all the things that make it onto your shopping list, week after week.
Here are the results from our most popular taste tests of 2015.
1 of 15
2 of 15
3 of 15
4 of 15
5 of 15
6 of 15
7 of 15
8 of 15
9 of 15
10 of 15
11 of 15
12 of 15
13 of 15
14 of 15
15 of 15
- The best orange juice: We tested the best pulp-free juice that didn’t come from a concentrate.
- The best peanut butter: Creamy only for this test, since it can be used for both sandwiches and baking.
- The best hot cocoa: The results of this one might surprise you.
- The best frozen pie crust: It’s never a bad idea to keep this in the freezer during the holidays.
- The best white cheddar popcorn: You can’t go wrong with this classic snack, but you might as well go for the best.
- The best salted butter: This is what you should be slathering on your toast.
- The best white corn tortilla chips: Before you open the salsa or the guacamole, make sure your chip will hold up.
- The best whipped cream: If you’re going to choose whipped cream from a can, make sure it tastes the most like its fresh counterpart.
- The best instant oatmeal: Breakfast is about to get a whole lot better.
- The best chicken broth: Save time without sacrificing quality in your soups.
- The best vegetable broth: Vegetarians, we’ve got you covered too when it comes to soups.
- The best hummus: Make sure your next party has this hummus on the table.
- The best strawberry yogurt: Your kids will thank you for stocking this delicious strawberry yogurt.
- The best ice cream sandwich: If you’re going to indulge in this nostalgic treat, go for the gold.
- The best vanilla ice cream: Consider this the MVP of your freezer.
Published: Dec 26, 2015