Busy Autumn Ahead: 10 Meals to Make and Freeze Now
In the midst of an August heat wave, it’s easy to forget that September is right around the corner with its back-to-work, busy schedule. Why not spend a couple leisurely late summer weekends making and freezing some nourishing, healthy meals to sustain you through early autumn? Once the vacation is over, you’ll be glad you did.
10 Meals to Make and Freeze Now
• Ham Bone, Greens and Bean Soup: A nutritious, stick-to-your ribs soup full of vegetables and porky goodness.
• Rich and Meaty Lamb Ragù: A gorgeous sauce to top freshly-made pasta or polenta.
• Easy Turkey Chili with Kale: A hearty one-pot meal that tastes even better reheated.
• Chicken Pot Pie: Individual pot pies bring me back to my childhood, when frozen Marie Callender pot pies were one of my favorite treats.
WITH OR WITHOUT MEAT
• Calzones: Not only the perfect vehicles for using up leftover odds and ends in the fridge, calzones also freeze well for future dinners.
• Lasagna: Assembled and frozen in individual containers, lasagna makes an excellent meal for one or two people.
• Burritos: Fill burritos with all your favorite ingredients — I’m partial to black beans and roasted vegetables — and freeze for later.
VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
• Chana Masala: This vegetarian Indian chickpea stew is light yet satisfying.
• Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew: A double-whammy of convenience, this recipe can be made in the slow cooker and frozen in portions for later.
• Muhjadarrah: This Middle Eastern combination of lentils and rice is both tasty and economical.
Are there any meals you like to make and freeze for busy nights?
Related: 25 Time-Saving Freezer Tips
(Images: See linked posts for image credits)