Tacos & Beyond: 15 Dinners Inspired by Latin America
We love Latin American food, and it’s been a constant source of inspiration to us here at The Kitchn. From quick bean burritos, to 30-minute chicken posole, to vegan corn tamales, here are 15 Latin American-inspired recipes from our archives.
• 1. Goat Tacos – Never tried goat meat? You should — it makes wonderful tacos.
• 2. Enchiladas Verdes – A family recipe from Yvette of Muy Bueno Cookbook.
• 3. Chili-Lime Steak Fajitas – Such a great dinner party recipe.
• 4. Potato Tacos (Tacos de Papa) – Potatoes in tacos? Oh yeah!
• 5. Tex-Mex Migas – A Tex-Mex breakfast that’s also very good for dinner.
• 6. Marina’s Chile Relleno with Pecan Cream Sauce – From our Quick Weeknight Meals contest last year. These stuffed peppers are fresh and different (quinoa!) but also beautiful and delicious.
• 7. Hannah’s Huevos Motuleños – Another Quick Weeknight Meals entry. Quick and tasty!
• 8. Bean Burritos – Very basic, but utterly satisfying.
• 9. Heatwave Carnitas – You can make splendid carnitas in the slow cooker.
• 10. Grilled Cactus and Corn Salad – This nopales dish makes a good filling for burritos or tacos.
• 11. Vegan Corn Tamales – With fresh corn and beans.
• 12. Chipotle Chicken Fajitas (Grilled Indoors!) with Creamy Black Bean Spread – No grill necessary.
• 13. Mexican Sprout Slaw – Another great vegetarian burrito filling. Or just top with an egg and eat for dinner.
• 14. Pumpkin Tortilla Soup – Warm and filling. (And orange.)
• 15. 30-Minute Chicken Posole – One of our favorite quick dinners.
What’s your favorite Latin American quick dinner?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)