Rice and beans makes for the ultimate budget meal — especially if you cook dried beans from scratch — but that doesn't mean your dinner has to be boring. Simmered with fragrant spices, wrapped up in a tortilla, baked into a comforting casserole, this combination can be cooked up in a variety of ways that manage to be satisfying and tasty, without breaking the bank.
- Mixed Bean Masala with Fragrant Yellow Rice - The Kitchn
- Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice - A Couple Cooks
- Braised Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas with Lemon - The Kitchn
- Freezer-Friendly Roasted Vegetable Burritos with Black Beans and Rice - The Kitchn
- Tex-Mex Casserole - Knead to Cook
- Lentil Soup with Chipotle Yogurt - Sprouted Kitchen
- Slow-Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew - The Kitchn
- Poached Egg with Rice and Edamame - Whole Living
What are your favorite ways to eat beans and rice for dinner?