18 Delightful Breakfasts on Trays to Make You Feel Like a Duchess
It’s Breakfast Week at The Kitchn, and also the week before Mother’s Day, so that means we would be remiss if we didn’t at least mention breakfast in bed. But we’re going to do more than just mention it. We’ve gathered 18 of our favorite breakfast-tray-in-bed inspirations that will have you brewing your coffee and then crawling back under the covers.
And if you’re lucky enough to have someone to bear this tray to you without getting up first, you’ll feel like a duchess — whether that’s Kate or a denizen of Downton Abbey, that’s up to you.
- Granola and Coffee on a Woven Tray – Camp Makery: This simple setup is perfect for any morning where you have a few extra minutes to enjoy your breakfast.
- Heart-Shaped Waffles – Fashionable Hostess: These aren’t just for Valentine’s Day; show the one you love just how much you love them with this sweet breakfast year-round.
- Personalized IKEA Tray – Landeelu: Follow this easy DIY to personalize an inexpensive breakfast tray. It’s guaranteed to make you smile every morning.
- Chalkboard Cabinet Door – So You Think You’re Crafty: Whether you have a cabinet door leftover from a remodel or you find one at a flea market, this chalkboard painted tray is perfect for serving up breakfast.
- Slate Cheeseboard – Smaggle: You don’t even need an actual tray to enjoy breakfast in bed. A slate cheeseboard or a serving platter works just as well.
- Glitter Striped Tray – Hello Natural: If you want to up your sparkle in the morning, this glitter tray DIY is just the way to do it.
- Simple, Lined Tray – Lonny: Lining your tray with fabric can help keep plates and mugs from slipping around as you carry.
- A Tray for Two – Be Well With Arielle: Breakfast in bed needn’t be a solo affair. There’s definitely room on the tray for two of everything.
- Breakfast Cart – Dash of Darling: Take a cue from your favorite five-star hotel and wheel in breakfast on a stylish cart.
- Menu Flags – Style Caster: If you’re serving someone else breakfast in bed, use paper flags on toothpicks to identify each dish.
- Cocktail Brunch for Two – Kristy Seibert: What’s the only thing that can make breakfast in bed better? If mimosas are involved as well.
- Breakfast and Then Some – Donal Skehan: If you’re lucky enough to have a lazy Saturday, plan for breakfast and a snack while you read your book, or catch up on Netflix.
- Pancake Sparklers – Make Life Easier: This is our new favorite idea for birthday pancakes in bed!
- Easy Egg in a Hole – My Name is Yeh: Simple and serene, our favorite part about this breakfast tray is the mini bottle of Tabasco!
- Coffee Pudding – The Kitchn: Our own Leela makes this delicious coffee pudding for her mom for a Mother’s Day breakfast in bed.
- Full Breakfast – Pineapple and Coconut: If you’re preparing a tray for your mom, go all out and make this mascarpone-stuffed French toast.
- Sunday Paper – Bonnie Tsang: There’s no better Sunday morning tradition than perusing the paper with a delicious breakfast tray.
- Free Printable Flags – Oh Happy Day: Make your Mother’s Day breakfast tray feel a little bit more special with these printables that show her how much you care.