Every year for Easter brunch, whether I'm hosting or heading elsewhere, I always bake some treats for the occasion. Not only can I be sure that a platter of muffins or scones will be a hit with the whole family, but these crowd-pleasing treats are also a snap to pull together well in advance. Here are 20 of my top picks.
Muffins with a Sweet Spin
Muffins are a beloved treat, and always make a great addition to the Easter morning spread. Even though Easter is a little early this year, a sweet batch of muffins is the perfect way to bring a pop of spring to the brunch spread.
- How To Make Bakery-Style Crumb Muffins
- Orange and Strawberry Muffins
- The Most Lemony of Lemon Muffins
- Olive Oil Carrot Muffins
Savory muffins are a great choice when you want add something unique to the brunch spread that doesn't require too much fuss. Make the muffins in advance and then pop them in a warm oven just before serving.
While scones aren't terribly tricky to make, there's something about them that always feels a touch fancy. It's what makes these buttery baked biscuit-like treats one of my favorite make-ahead picks for Easter.
- How To Make the Best Buttery Scones
- Freeze-and-Bake Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
- Mixed Berry & Jasmine Tea Scones
- Strawberry-Sour Cream Scones with Brown Sugar Crumble
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Coconut Scones
Quick bread is basically a muffin in loaf form. What I love about this sweet breakfast treat is that you have a little more control over serving size and can stretch it far. I always slice the bread before serving; when there are a lot of guests, I go one step further by halving the slices.
- Quick Carrot Bread
- Moist & Cakey Banana Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread
- Almond-Fig Breakfast Quick Bread
It's really hard to beat a good, crumbly-topped coffee cake. Keep it classic, or give your breakfast cake a fancy twist by baking it in a Bundt pan or adding a streusel ripple through the center. Either way, this is a hit the whole crowd will adore.