Bon Appétit! Selected Julia Child Recipes Now Available for iPad and Nook
Looking to master the art of French cooking… in the digital age? Now you can! In celebration of Julia Child’s upcoming 100th Birthday on August 15, 2012, Knopf just released the first Julia Child app with select recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, rare video clips, photographs, and more!
According to Knopf, the app will include the 32 most beloved dishes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1, along with careful explanations of technique. The app will also include rare Julia Child photographs, video clips from 1985’s “The Way to Cook” series, and audio clips of Judith Jones, Julia’s longtime editor, sharing anecdotes about Julia’s life.
A Full List of What’s Included
- 32 recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1
- Color photographs of each finished dish
- 30 video clips from The Way to Cook video series
- Audio anecdotes from Judith Jones, Julia Child’s longtime editor
- Audio pronunciations of the names of French dishes
- Facebook sharing
- Grocery lists
- Rare photographs of Julia Child
- Resource Information (kitchen equipment, cutting, wines, stocks, definitions)
(Images: App snapshots via iTunes)