Chances are, you're going to know someone with a birthday in 2018, right? Whether you're throwing a first birthday or planning a surprise party, here's how to make that person — and your guests — feel extra special.
1. A First Birthday Party
There are few birthdays as monumental (at least for the parents!) as a first birthday. Friends and family from far away come to this big event, so it's gotta be a good one. Here's everything you need to pull off the party.
- 9 Tips for Throwing a First Birthday Party
- 5 Reasons There Should Be Booze at a First Birthday Party
- This Is the Best Time of Day to Host a First Birthday
- 5 Food-Themed Presents for a First Birthday
- A Sweet First Birthday Party That's Not Just for the Birds
- Check Out This Fairytale-Inspired First Birthday Fête
- One Smart Idea for a First Birthday Party
2. A Pizza Party
A pizza party is always a good idea — especially when it comes to a birthday party. Keep reading to find out what's so great about the birthday pizza party, determine how much pizza to order, steal smart tips, and more.
- 7 Reasons You Should Throw a Pizza Party for Any Birthday
- 17 Salads to Round Out Pizza Night
- The Right Amount of Pizza to Order for a Party
- Need an Easy, Fun Birthday Party Idea? The Monster Pizza Party Is It
- 8 Tips for Throwing a Homemade Pizza Party
- 5 Finds for the Ultimate Pizza Party
- The One Thing You Should Ask for When Throwing a Kids' Pizza Party
- This Pizza Party Cookie Cake Is Your Childhood Fantasy Come to Life
3. A Surprise Party
It's legit hard to successfully pull off a surprise party. But it can be done. Especially if you've read all of these stories.
- 3 Key Steps for Throwing the Best Surprise Party Ever
- 7 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Planning a Surprise Party
- 6 Signs Your Friends Are Throwing You a Surprise Party
- 9 Ways to Make Sure Your Surprise Party Is Actually a Surprise
- How To Make the Ultimate Rainbow Surprise Cake
4. A Cocktail Party
Know someone who prefers a more sophisticated affair? The cocktail party is your answer.
- Your 5-Step Plan for Decorating a Tiny Apartment for a Cocktail Party
- 5 Ways to Decorate Your Boozy Cupcakes
- 10 Great Gifts for Cocktail-Lovers
- The Best (and Cheapest) Way to Keep Track of Drinks at a Cocktail Party
5. An Ice Cream Party
It's proven science: All kids and adults love a scoop (or three) of ice cream. Just invite friends, add ice cream/ice cream cake, and you've got a birthday party. Simple.
- I Tried 6 Different Ice Cream Cakes, and Here's What I Thought
- 7 Cool Treats That Are Better than Birthday Cakes
6. A Classroom Birthday Party
Saturday birthdays are the best! Wednesday birthdays? Not so much. Sure, school-age kids get to celebrate with their classmates, but it's not like they get to go to the zoo in the middle of the day. Earlier this year, we talked about how to make weekday birthdays feel special, how to celebrate at school, and the ban against cupcakes in the classroom.