Beyond Smeg: 10 Colorful Appliances to Brighten Up Your Kitchen
We’ve all become obsessed with stainless steel appliances, but now that they’re standard in any new(ish) kitchen, they feel a little tired, don’t they? A little too cold and sterile, right?
Add some color to your kitchen with any of these brightly colored appliances. And while some of them are expensive, they’re also top of the line, meaning that your wallet will suffer only once over the next few decades.
- Retro Refrigerator, $3,295 at Big Chill: Adorably retro, this fridge from Big Chill puts the kitsch in kitchen. It comes in a rainbow of colors, and while the outside looks old-school, the inside has all of the modern features you’d want to see in a fridge in 2017.
- Lachance Citeaux Range, $13,300 at French Ranges: You may never have a country home in Provence, but you can French-ify your kitchen with this gorgeous range from Lachance. Featuring a dizzying array of burners, a vertical convection oven, and separate warming drawer, the high-end appliance comes in bright yellow, dark blue, and deep red.
- Tuscany Range, from $12,000 at Viking Range: Viking is the Mercedes of the oven world, so anything you buy from them is guaranteed to be high-quality. This Tuscany range was designed in Italy, and comes in red and blue finishes.
- Digital Convection Oven, $280 at Target: Stop waiting for your whole oven to heat up and instead invest in a countertop convection oven that will roast, toast, and crisp in a flash. This one from KitchenAid is affordable and comes in a variety of colors, so it will save you time and perk up your countertops.
- Professional Series Oven, from $4,000 at Bertazzoni: This handsome oven from Bertazzoni — available in yellow, orange, red, and purple — not only boasts nine functions, but it’s also self-cleaning and has a quadruple-glass door to minimize heat loss (which means you can roast vegetables in the summer without turning your kitchen into a hot box).
- Retro Series Mini Fridge, from $400 at Nostalgia Electrics: Any guy with a man cave will sing the praises of having a mini fridge, so why not invest in one that looks as adorable as it is convenient? This one is bright pink, and even has a small built-in freezer.
- CornuFe Stove, $9,500 at Williams-Sonoma: France-based La Cornue has been crafting quality stoves for more than a century, so while it might seem like a lot to drop $10,000 on a stove, it’s worth it. The hand-finished range features five gas burners, French side-swinging doors, and seven functions.
- Northstar Retro Microwaves, $699 at Elmira Stove Works: Available in a rainbow of colors, this Retro microwave will brighten up your countertops and bring you back to the ’60s.
- RNB Series Range, from $4,400 at BlueStar: If you’re the type of at-home chef who wants a fully customizable range, look no further than what’s on offer by Pennsylvania-based BlueStar, which offers a top-of-the-line oven available in more than 750 mix-and-match colors and finishes.
- Retro Mini Fridge, $300 at Daewoo: This Daewoo mini fridge (available in mint green or bright red) is equipped with the best modern technology, making it Energy Star rated to help you save on electric bills.