Today it's as easy as a click of a button to purchase a holiday gift for friends or family. But, we might argue, not nearly as special as if you made them something yourself.
Most of us probably have moments where we plan on making everyone a little something for the holidays. Maybe you're going to make jars of apple butter or crochet coasters or bag up your famous granola with pretty twine. And then all of a sudden you're staring down December and realizing it may not happen just the way you wanted. Well we have an intervention. We've gathered a few of our favorite simple recipes for edible DIY gifts this year that you can do in a day. Purchase your ingredients, put on some good tunes, make a few batches of your chosen treat, and mail them off the next day. We even included a few of our favorite packaging ideas. So here's to special, homemade gifts for everyone this year.
10 Gift Ideas:
• Herb Salts - Spinning Spoons
• Herbs De Provence - Saveur
• Homemade Nutella - Beyond the Plate
• Homemade Tea Bags - Bonzai Aprhodite
• Mulling Sachets - Martha Stewart
• Sugar and Spice Candy Nuts - Smitten Kitchen
• Candied Orange Peels - Use Real Butter
• Best Homemade Granola - Kiss My Spatula
• Homemade Kosher Dill Pickles - David Lebovitz
• Caramel Popcorn - Savory Sweet Life