We've said it before and we'll say it again: Trader Joe's is a snack mecca. Within the aisles, you will find all sorts of private-label snacks that are exclusive to the grocery chain. The best part about TJ's snacks, other than the unbeatable price, is the unique selection. And so many of these snacks were practically designed to go in a lunch box.
Check out these pack-able steals, but be warned: You're going to want to stock up.
- 3 Seed Beet Crackers, $2 for 6.5-ounce box: Black sesame seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds are the three seeds featured in these beet crackers.
- Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips, $2.50 for eight ounces: These crispy chips pair perfectly with mango salsa.
- Kettle Cooked Potato Chip Snack Bags, $3 for six, six-ounce snack bags: Who knew that Trader Joe's sold lunch box-sized chip bags?
- Wasabi Roasted Seaweed Snack, $1 for 0.4-ounces: If you're not afraid of spicy snacks, this crunchy seaweed is for you. You can also use it to make sushi rolls!
- Bamba Peanut Snacks, $1 for 3.5-ounces: These air-baked peanut puffs are highly poppable. The Fearless Flyer describes them as "cheese puffs without the cheese."
- Trader Joe's Contemplates Inner Peas, $1.50 for 3.3-ounces: Get one step closer to reaching nirvana by eating this crunchy pea-in-the-pod snack.
- White Cheddar Popcorn, $2 for five ounces: This popcorn reminds us of Smartfood, but better.
- Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims, $7 for six ounces: Snack or dessert? You decide.
- Freeze-Dried Raspberries, $4 for 1.2 ounces: Freeze-fried pouches are a great, non-messy way to snack on your favorite berries.
- Mediterranean Hummus Snack Pack with Pita Chips, $2.50 for eight ounces: These hummus cups with pita chips are the perfect grab-and-go dippers.
- These Peanuts Go on a Date Bars, $3 for five, 1.5-ounce bars: Think of these as your favorite Larabars — but $2 cheaper.
- Thai Lime & Chili Almonds, $5.50 for 12 ounces: Nuts aren't the cheapest things in the grocery store, but this flavorful pouch will give you a lot of bang for your buck.
- Just Mango Slices, $3.29 for six ounces: There are no additives or sugars or preservatives in this pouch — just mango slices, like the name implies.
- Sweet Plantain Chips, $2 for 5.5 ounces: These plantains are grown in the prime region of Quindío, Colombia. They're super sweet but also have no added sugar.
- Apple Strawberry Fruit Sauce Crushers, $2.79 for four pouches: Who says squeezable apple sauce is just for kids? Try one of these and see if you're willing to share.
What are the lunch box snacks you always stock up on at Trader Joe's?