I am not sure we can ever quantify the number of ways to cook potatoes — there are just too many to count! Sure they're a classic side dish (whether roasted, mashed, or baked), but they can also be transformed into velvety soups, cold salads, and hearty main dishes. Here are over 25 recipes that prove potatoes' versatility.
Perhaps where potatoes are their happiest are on the side of the plate to accompany whatever else you're serving for dinner.
- The Best Twice-Baked Potato
- 3-Ingredient Roasted Dijon Potatoes
- 3-Ingredient Garlicky Red Potatoes
- How To Make Mashed Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
- How To Bake a Potato in the Microwave
- How To Make Pommes Aligot (Cheesy Whipped Potatoes)
- How To Make Scalloped Potatoes
- Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes with Fried Shallots
- Crispy Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
- Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin
A potluck or barbecue wouldn't be the same without a cold potato salad present, whether it's a classic version that's rich and creamy or a newfangled one studded with bacon.
- How To Make the Best Classic Potato Salad
- Buttermilk Ranch Potato Salad
- Bacon-Lovers' Potato Salad
- Mixed New Potato Salad with Basil and Shallots
Potatoes are the secret to the most velvety, creamy soups around, which is why they are always a crowd-pleaser.
- 5-Ingredient Family-Friendly Baked Potato Soup
- Lemon Potato Chowder
- Perfect Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup
Making potatoes part of the main dish is never a bad idea, whether they're roasted on a sheet pan with a protein or really holding their own in a casserole.
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Glazed Chicken & Potatoes
- Sausage & Potato Foil Packets
- Fried Potatoes and Sausage Skillet
- Sheet Pan Potato Nachos
- Potato Risotto
- Sheet Pan Crispy Salmon and Potatoes
- Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Pork Loin and Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- 30-Minute Sheet Pan Potatoes and Chicken Sausage