The shelves at Sam's Club started looking a little different around this time last year. See, that's when execs decided to rethink their private-label products. "At one point, we had 21 private labels," says Chandra Holt, vice president of private brands at Sam's Club, in a press release. "So the first thing I set out to do was to simplify for our members. We now have one private brand: Member's Mark."
There are all sorts of new items (more than 300 new items!), new packaging, and plenty of tried-and-true favorites. Here are some of the best Member's Mark products, according to Kitchn staffers, shoppers, and experts who know.
- Member's Mark Nonstick 10-Inch Restaurant Fry Pan, $15: If you've only got $15 to spend, we strongly suggest this nonstick frying pan. It tied for second place in a big Consumer Reports test. The first-place option? Let's just say it'll cost you a lot more.
- Member's Mark 24-Piece Glass Food Storage Set, $25: Made by the fan-favorite brand Glasslock, this set includes nearly every possible size and shape you could need. Plus, the containers can go in the freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and oven.
- Member's Mark Spanakopita, $12 for 36: And you thought Trader Joe's was a good place to go for frozen party apps! These bite-sized Greek treats are made with real spinach, cream cheese, and feta cheese.
- Member's Mark Fruity Snacks, $9 for 100 packs: Compared to other national brands, this box will cost you up to 39 percent less. Flavors include blueberry, cherry, orange, raspberry, and strawberry.
- Member's Mark Kickin' Snack Mix, $10 for 2.5 pounds: A unique little snack for yourself or to pour into a bowl during a party, this bag features butter toffee peanuts, hot and spicy pumpkin seeds, honey pretzel sticks, and more.
- Member's Mark Pulled Pork, $10 for two pounds: The Sam's Club team worked with world-renowned pitmasters from the Kansas City Barbeque Society to create this freezer find. The pork gets pit-smoked for at least eight hours over hickory and other hardwoods.
- Member's Mark Chardonnay, $8: This chardonnay received a 92 rating from the Beverage Testing Institute — and it costs a fraction of its top competitors.
- Member's Mark Bamboo Prep Table Kitchen Island, $199: If you're looking to add a little extra functionality to your kitchen, you may be excited to learn that this island does it all. The butcher block counter has a built-in juice groove, there's a stainless-steel scrap collector bowl, tons of opportunity to hang tools and gadgets, and swivel wheels that make the whole thing easy to move around.
- Member's Mark Ultra Plates, $13 for 204: Another award-winning product, these plates are cut-resistant and won't become a soggy mess when you load them up with summer salads.
Are you a Sam's Club shopper? What are your go-to Member's Mark items?