When it comes to buying a trash can, you can spend a little or a lot. If you're spending a lot, you certainly want it to deliver! Beyond just looking good, a premium trash can should have all sorts of hidden and not-hidden features, like a fingerprint-resistant coating, more can space within the footprint, touch-less or voice-activated technology, a truly responsive pedal, and other interior features you might not even realize you're getting until you use the can and you're just like, "Wow, it's so good."
Of course you want to make an educated decision if you're going to spend decent money on a trash can. So we combed through the reviews to find the best kitchen trash cans for $200 or less. Here's what people love.
- SimpleHuman Rectangular Sensor Can with Voice, $200: This can comes with basically all the features you can get for $200: A voice- and motion-activated can with an antimicrobial, smudge-proof stainless steel finish. And a pocket for trash bags!
- Joseph Joseph Titan Trash Compactor, $180 at Bed Bath & Beyond: It's stainless and has a pedal, but the coolest feature on this can is a manual compacting function to help you squish more garbage in there than most cans.
- Kohler White 13-Gallon Step Trash Can, $139 at The Container Store: This can from a heritage kitchen faucet manufacturer features a wide pedal on its crisp, sharp-lined frame.
- SimpleHuman Rectangular Step Can with Liner Pocket, from $100: A few steps down from the voice-and-motion model listed above, this one's still available in three sizes and five colors, including trendy rose gold. The cans feature a hidden bag holder, a wide pedal, soft-close, and a fingerprint-proof finish.
- Brabantina Trash Icon Pedal Bin, $96 at Williams Sonoma: A chic matte finish, strong pedal technology, and soft-close makes this can stand out among others. Plus the company donates a portion of the proceeds to clean up plastic in the ocean.
- iTouchless SoftStep 13.2-Gallon Stainless Steel Step Can, $100 at Home Depot: This pedal can has a fingerprint-proof and smudge-resistant exterior with a soft-close lid.
- Tramontina 13-Gallon Stainless Steel Step Trash Can, $90: Available in four shiny colors, this squared-off can has a nice wide pedal and a fingerprint-proof finish.
- Threshold 40-Liter Rectangle Stainless Steel Trash Can, $65 at Target: Stainless steel, to match your appliances, this can also has a fingerprint-resistant finish and a steel foot pedal in the compact, squared-off design.
Do you have a trash can you swear by? Whether it's $20 or $200 or more, we want to hear about it in the comments below!