I think it's pretty clear that we're obsessed with cauliflower here at Kitchn. We've turned it into rice, mashed "potatoes," pizza crust, soup, mac and cheese, tacos, lettuce wraps, and more, but our favorite way to eat it might just be in bite-sized form. Here are 10 ways to spice up everyone's favorite floret-filled veggie.
1. Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower Bites from Kirbie's Cravings
These bites from Kirbie's Cravings are coated in a honey-garlic sauce, which gets a hint of spice from Sriracha. They're tossed with toasted panko breadcrumbs, baked to crispy perfection, and topped with freshly chopped scallions.
2. Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites from Diethood
When I first saw this recipe, I had to do a double take because they look exactly like boneless chicken wings. Similar to when you eat your favorite saucy wings, you're going to want to have plenty of napkins on hand to sop up the sweet sauce.
3. Parmesan Cauliflower Bites from Damn Delicious
The easiest way to trick picky eaters into loving cauliflower is tossing it in panko and Parmesan and giving it a quick fry. The recipe author at Damn Delicious suggests serving these bites with a side of ranch — as if they weren't irresistible enough.
4. Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites from Cooking with Cocktail Rings
You don't have to be a vegetarian to fall in love with Buffalo cauliflower wings. In fact, meat-lovers might even prefer these crunchy, crispy, spicy bites. Test this theory out this weekend and report back.
5. Sriracha Buffalo Cauliflower Bites from Half Baked Harvest
These Buffalo bites are baked instead of fried, which makes them a little bit healthier. The recipe author recommends doubling the recipe for the sauce because it's just that good.
6. Extra-Crispy Honey Teriyaki Cauliflower Bites from Wry Toast Eats
Are you noticing a formula here? Crispy cauliflower + sauce = perfection? If you're a sesame chicken or General Tso's fan, whip these up and serve them over rice and broccoli. Here's a tip: These freeze really well.
7. Bang Bang Cauliflower with Sweet & Spicy Sauce from Deliciously Ella
In a turn of events, these florets are coated with a batter of almond milk, brown rice flour, and spices. The sweet and spicy sauce is a perfect complement to blank-canvas cauliflower.
8. Spicy Cauliflower Cheese Bites with Tahini Ranch from Half Baked Harvest
Half Baked Harvest strikes again with these roasted cauli bites. Instead of a mayo-based sauce, these are served with creamy tahini dressing. The best part is the melted cheese, which bakes right into the bites.
9. Salt and Vinegar Popcorn Cauliflower from Running in the Kitchen
This recipe author is on to something by calling these bites "popcorn." Once you pop one of these sour and salty bites, you won't be able to stop — and you'll probably want your own bucket-full.
10. Roasted Cauliflower Bites with a Mint Dip from Salt and Lavender
The star of this roasted dish is the mint dip. Just mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh mint leaves for a cool and refreshing side.
What's your favorite cauliflower bite recipe?